Sunday, February 3

Afternoon: Lemuria

I don’t know how long I sat on that bench gazing out at the empty sea. At first I felt a panic, but as my mind settled down to a quiet roar I reached inside myself to find some kind of understanding. In all my journeys I had been alone. Why this time the panic.

A cruise ship docked and some passengers emerged very much in the party mood. If I really wanted to leave I could go up to the captain and tell him of my dilemma, but I did not move. What am I to understand? I thought about the past journeys and how this one was different. It was somehow more intuitive. "Thats it!" Up to now I had controlled my destinations, my adventures and my environment. In this journey I have no control. It is just happening to me.

I slowly returned to this new reality. Now I understand what Phil had meant when he said, "a new Syncronistic path". I believe Jungs theory of syncronicity, that nothing is chance. I found the Soul Food Café completely by chance and once I entered the section of the Muses I felt like I belonged. OK, I seem to remember Phi saying something about once I change my thoughts I would understand. I will let go and let this island happen to me. I will make Lemuria my home.

Once the decision was made I realized how very hungry I was. I grabbed my package and ran up the hill to the café. Phil met me at the door, laughing as he said, "Well that took longer then I expected. There is a sandwich on fresh bread and a salad waiting for you."

Once I finished m sandwich I was ready to address my next problem. Turning to my happy host I said, "Phil, I need a place to stay".

"It is ready for you. Follow me" he said as he picked up a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

We went outside and entered a door located between his place and a variety store next door. There was a stairway and as we climbed the stairs Phil began to explain. "You will find all you need next door. Just help yourself. As I mentioned, we do not use money on Lemuria but we do repay, with our talents. . She is a beautiful women around your age who moved here centuries ago. I am sure you will like her."

Phil opened a door to a comfortable room much like the room I had in Paris. It had a four poster bed situated between two tall windows with lace curtains that billowed into the room from the breeze. A desk was on one wall and a large armoire for my clothes on the other. Best of all was an overstuffed rocker and footstool in the corner with a reading lamp and sidetable. I knew I would be comfortable here. Phil poured two glasses of wine and we toasted my new beginning in Lemuria and then he silently left. .

As I gazed down at the street below and then beyond to the hillside covered with yellow daisies weaving back and forth in the breezes I knew this was meant to be. Those fields had the same magic as the fields around the old ladies cottage at the Forest Loop. I sat down at my desk, pulled out some paper and started my Lemuria Journal.
from the pen of CroneJane