Thursday, February 21

HELLO EVERYONE
I did not realize when I came in here for dinner this evening that I too would be required to write a poem and share. I was hoping to just sit back in the corner and listen to everyone else, but seeing that is the price of admission and I have already enjoyed a delicious meal I will give it a try.

This afternoon I went exploring Lemuria for a good meditation place. I followed trails through the woods, I walked up hills with tremendous views ,I followed a stream, that turned into a raging river and gazed into a waterfall. All were inspiring and beautiful but none filled me with a meditative spirit……. Untill……

I stood
at the edge of natures comfort zone
and gazed towards a vast wasteland.

Desert stretched for miles
No vistas entice my vision.
Sun, sand, and silence beckoned me on..

One foot in front of another,
I moved forward across the sand
head bowed, eyes lowered, and mind empty.

For miles I walked
with the sun beating down
sapping my energy, draining my mind.

And when I was empty.
I turned and slowly returned
breathing in nothingness.

Ready to replace outdated thinking
accept new concepts and
shed beliefs that do not work.

I had found my meditation place.

D.K.P.