Thursday, February 21

Well, time has a way of passing more quickly than I care to admit. It's been almost a month and a lot has been going on in my visual world. I've never left Lemuria though. The thought of the theatre intrigued me and excited me. I love writing poetry and it seems to be just the place to share with those who enjoy writing or listening as much as I.

Walking through the doors of the Muses Theatre Dinner Club was awe-inspiring! It was the most beautiful theatre I've ever seen! It was decorated in burgundy, with high, arched ceilings. In the center of the ceiling was the most beautiful brass and crystal chandelier's I've ever seen! Throughout the theatre, along the walls were absolutely beautiful cherubs of gold. They were so intricately designed, right down to every feather in their golden wings! Although it seemed so elegant, it held a very friendly, casual air about it. I thought anyone would feel comfortable here whether they were dressed in formal wear or very casually, which shouldn't have surprised me because that seemed to be the norm for this beautiful little corner of the world.

The hostess seemed to know right where I wanted to be seated and proceeded to lead me to a little table off to the left of the room. The lanterns on the tables gave it a very nostalgic touch and I knew I was in for a splendid evening!

Dinner was superb! I wasn't really very hungry because the weather here is so perfect, you neither work up a sweat nor need your bones warmed. I settled for a Greek salad with a few extra olives. I love those olives! lol A slice of fresh tomato basil bread was the perfect compliment to my meal. I also opted for a glass of chianti. Italian I know but it blended well with my dinner.

Just as I began to eat, a woman began reading the selection she wrote. I thought I recognized the voice but no...it couldn't be....not Jane! Could she be here in Lemuria all the way from Idaho?!? My goodness!!!! YES!!!! It is!!!! Oh, my!! I went to signal my waiter to invite her over to my table but decided to wait. Wouldn't she be surprised when I got up there and read my selection?! I sat and finished listening to her poem. It was a beautiful one about her Meditation Place. She's such an inspiration to me...I could listen to her for hours. Her reading ended all too soon and I decided I had better read mine before she had a chance to leave and my whole plan went down the drain.

I hesitated just a few minutes to give her a chance to take her seat. I got up and began my poem entitled:
Lemuria

I've discovered this island of Lemuria fair
This mysterious, magical land
Where wandering, exploring everywhere
Through crags and ocean and sand

With glorious trees that seem to speak
And caves seem to call your name
And nobody here is ill or weak
And everyone's treated the same

There's the story of Pagasus flying down
From the Aleian Field so fair
To drink of the age-old Hipocrene Fountain
It's refreshing, cool waters so clear

By chance if you gaze deep into his eyes
And entice him to carry you home
To his house where his mistress Urania waits
And through it you're welcome to roam

I love this glorious, magical land
I'll explore it and wander at will
Discovering all of the mystery here
And know I'll discover more still

Sue